Where Youth Gather, Interact, & Grow
With the gracious support and funding provided by the Healthcare Foundation of Wilson, we will be able to support your child(ren) in school and during our after-school programming. Each of the five middle schools in Wilson County will have an assigned Youth Coordinator who will spend some time with your child(ren) in their school environment and at the after-school program. Y-GIG helps to create a level of support that spills over into the daily lives of Wilson’s youth.
Unleash Your Child's Potential with Y-GIG After-School Program
Y-GIG is an exceptional after-school program designed to engage and enrich middle schoolers in Wilson County. Our program runs from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., aligning with the Wilson County Schools' calendar. Upon arrival, students are provide with snacks and drinks to energize them for the day's activities. They can also utilize this time to complete any homework assignments before transitioning into their chosen 'gigs.' 'GIG' Programming runs from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (off-site) or 5:45 p.m. (on-site). Our diverse range of engaging activities, spanning five key areas, will ignite their curiosity and inspire them to reach their full potential.
- Academics: Nurture your child's academic growth with homework assistance, study strategies, and supplemental learning opportunities.
- Arts and Humanities: Spark creativity and self-expression through art, music, drama, and literature exploration.
- College and Career: Prepare your child for the future with college and career guidance, leadership development, and real-world experiences.
- Health and Wellness: Promote healthy habits and well-being through fitness activities, nutrition education, and mindfulness practices.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics): Ignite a passion for STEM fields through hands-on experiments, technology exploration, and problem-solving challenges.
Our comprehensive program is a collaborative effort, with valuable contributions from community members and businesses. Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of 'gigs,' which are specialized programs or activities, both on-site at Y-GIG and within the community.
Convenient Transportation for Public School Students
We understand the challenges of busy schedules, so we offer convenient transportation to and from Y-GIG for students attending Wilson County Public Schools. Our dedicated buses ensure a hassle-free commute for your child, and we provide transportation back to their feeder school at the end of the program.
Additional Benefits for Public Middle School Students
Enrolling your child in Y-GIG provides them with access to exclusive benefits, including:
- A dedicated Youth Coordinator assigned to their school for personalized support and guidance.
- Opportunities to participate in special events and workshops throughout the year.
- The chance to connect with peers from across the community and foster lasting friendships.
At the end of the program, students are safely escorted to their respective buses for transportation back to their feeder schools. For parents who wish to pick up their children, our pick-up line begins at 6:00 p.m., and we kindly request that all children be picked up by 6:30 p.m.
Program Schedule and Hours
Our program runs from Monday to Friday, 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., aligning with the Wilson County Schools calendar and adhering to their scheduled closings due to inclement weather. We also observe all Wilson County Public School Early Release days.
Enrich Your Child's After-School Experience
Y-GIG is more than just an after-school program; it's an opportunity for your child to discover new passions, develop essential skills, and embark on a journey of self-discovery.
Follow us on our social media accounts to stay up to date on all things Y-GIG
Enroll For Y-GIG Today!
Please click on the Enrollment button below to enroll your child(ren) in our
2023/24 Winter Session!
Community Pass Registration Steps
- Click on the "Enroll Today" button above.
- Create an account by clicking the navy blue "Create Account" button.
- You will need to create a username and password for your account.
- After you have created your account, log into your account.
- Go to the top left-hand corner, "My Account" and click "Update Account Information."
- Add your child or children you wish to register (remember 6th-8th grade students only.)
- After you have added your child or children you wish to register, click on the "Home" button.
- Click on the orange "Click Here to Register" button to being the registration process.
- Use the filters on the side to see the programs offered by day. *Remember to select only ONE program per day (Monday-Friday) and add the program to your cart.*
- Finally, you will have to make a 40% downpayment to secure your registration.
Y-GIG is an after-school program for middle schoolers in Wilson County. We offer enriching and engaging activities in five focus areas:
- Arts and humanities
- College and career
- Health and wellness
- STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)
Our gigs (programs/activities) are provided through a partnership with many community members and businesses. Some gigs occur on-site at Y-GIG, while others occur within the community. We offer transportation to students from the Foundation YMCA building to their gigs and back. Our program runs from 3:30-6:30. We provide snacks and drinks as the students arrive, and they can work on homework until they're dismissed to their gigs. Programming runs from 4:30-5:30 (off-site)/5:45 (on-site). Students picked up at their feeder schools get on their buses to head to the schools, and then we begin the pick-up line. Parent pick-up begins at 6:00, and parents are expected to have their child(ren) picked up by 6:30 p.m. In addition, your children attending one of the five public middle schools will have access to other benefits by enrolling and registering for our program.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Y-GIG Logistics Director Ashley Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our Y-GIG Staff
Executive Director of Y-GIG
Ashley Davis Logistics